MR. T. PARANTHAMAN
Mr. T. Paranthaman
B.Com. (Hons)(EUSL), MBA (EUSL)
Senior Lecturer in Commerce
Department of Commerce
Faculty of Commerce and Management
Telephone: +94 65 2241062 (Office), +94 77 1449934(Mobile)
Full Name : Thambirajah Paranthaman
Permanent Address : No: 08, Bailey Road, Batticaloa..
Address (official) : Department of Commerce, Faculty of Commerce and Management, Eastern University, Chenkalady, 30350, SriLanka
- MBA (EUSL)
- B.Com (Hon) (EUSL) (2nd Class Upper)
Professional Qualifications :
- CTHE (UoC)
- SEDA (UK)
Date of Birth : 02nd October 1978
Nationality : Sri Lankan
Gender : Male
Civil Status : Married
- Paranthaman T. and Navaretne N N J. (2010), “An Empirical Study on the Managerial Skills of the School Principals and School Performance in the Batticaloa district”, International Conference on Business Management
ICBM, Faculty of Management Studies, University of Sri Jayawardenapura.
- Paranthaman T. and Rajeshwaran N. (2010), “Contribution of Livelihood Programme of Oxfam Australia to Uplift Quality of Life of People in the Batticaloa District, Sri Lanka”, International Conference on Management
Practices for Sustainable Growth, Annamali University, India.
- Paranthaman T. and Rajeshwaran N. (2010), “Sustainable development of Brick Industry at Eravur Pattu Divisional Secretariat Division in the Batticaloa District”, The 9th Annual Research Session, Eastern University,
- Paranthaman T. and Uthayakumar R. (2011), ““Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis on Poultry Farming in the Manmunai-North Divisional Secretariat Division of the Batticaloa District”, The 10th Annual Research Session, Eastern
University, Sri Lanka.
- Thayaraj M S, Paranthaman T. (2012), “A Study on Revenue Generating Performance of Sri Lanka Transport Board (SLTB) with special Reference to Kalmunai and Batticaloa Depots”, The 1st Annual Research Conference,
Faculty of Management and Commerce, South Eastern University, Sri Lanka.
- Paranthaman T. (2013), “Personal and Institutional Factors Influencing Learning Behavior of Students”, 9th Joint SDC - SLAIHEE Conference 2013, University of Colombo.
- Paranthaman T. (2014), “Factors Influencing on the Academic Performance of Students in Business Education”, 2nd Annual Research Conference, South Eastern University, Sri Lanka
- Kirushanthini V and Paranthaman T (2015), “Comparative Study on the factors Influencing on Effectiveness of Internal Auditing Practice between Private and State banks in Eastern province”, 4th Annual International
Research Conference - 2015, South Eastern University, Sri Lanka
- Paranthaman T (2015), “Stress Management Competencies among Banking Sector Managerial Employees in the Batticaloa District”, 5th International Symposium - 2015, South Eastern University, Sri Lanka
- Wickramasinghe W.M.C.D. and Paranthaman T. (2016), “Environmental Reporting Practices of Licensed Banks in Sri Lanka”, 4th International Conference -2016, Eastern University, Sri Lanka.
- Ekanayake H L and Paranthaman T. (2017), “The Impact of Corporate Governance on Firms’ Dividend Policy: Evidence from the Listed S&P SL20 Companies in the Colombo Stock Exchange”, 2nd International Conference for Accounting Researchers and Educators (ICARE), University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka.
- Sustainable Accounting
- Accounting Practices in Public Sector
- Applications of Cost Accounting Practices
- Psychology at work place
- Retail Management Practice
- Applications of strategic business planning
- Advanced Cost Accounting
- Advanced Accounting
- Public Sector Accounting and Financial Regulations
- Business Statistics
- Statistical Software Application in Business
- Retail and Wholesale Marketing
- Business Mathematics
- Obtained award for the overall academic best performance in the Bachelor of Commerce degree programme for the 1998/1999 as named as “Ponnammah Kanapathipillai Memorial Award – 2004”
- Obtained award of SEDA for the qualified learning, teaching and assessing practices at Staff and Educational Development Association (SEDA), UK.
Head, Department of Commerce, Faculty of Commerce and Management, EUSL since 2nd March 2018.
Acting Head, Department of Commerce, Faculty of Commerce and Management, EUSL from 1st January 2018 to 28th February 2018.
Coordinator, 11th Annual Research Session held on 12th February, 2015.
- Chief Editor, the 11th Annual Research Session, held on 12th February, 2015 at Eastern University, Sri Lanka.
- Reviewer for Local and International Conference.
- Coordinator for External Degree Programme of Faculty of Commerce and Management, EUSL.
- Activity Coordinator for Quality and Innovative Grant (QIG) of BBA, FCM study programme, Higher Education for Twenty- First Century HETC Project, Faculty of Commerce and Management.
- Editorial member 8th Annual Research Session Abstracts and Proceedings (2009)
- Coordinator for Capital Market Information Centre of Faculty of Commerce and Management, EUSL.
- Student Counselor with effect from 2009.
- Member of IT User Committee (2011).